Just a camping guy

Sunday, July 15, 2007

 

Slickrock Rd 07/15/07

Well I am at Slickrock Rd OHV this weekend. The place is pretty quiet right now. I am meeting some folks from Reno4x4.com on Friday sometime. There is also a Poker Run event planned on Saturday. I am going to walk the trail in the morning and try to find the best spot to take pictures.

This place is right up the road from where I camped last week. I hiked up to the store so I could use the phone and I met the camp host from last weekend. It is a lot cooler than last weekend. Last week the sign said 108 in Murphys and today it said 84.

The scenery was fantastic and there was literally hundreds of butterflies. The group showed up on Friday night and I moved my camp spot. We got up early on Saturday and had a great meal and then took off to the end of the trail so we could see the rigs climb the last part of the trail. The sponsors of the event stacked rocks at the end to make it a little easier for people to get by. I have to send kudos out to Air Sierra (Chris) for letting me ride along in his jeep.

About 30 rigs were on this run and it was very interesting to watch the last climb. There was three rigs that really stood out to me and it wasn't because of their equipment. The first was a Vietnam Vet who had lost a leg in the conflict driving a Nissan Frontier. He had already lost his running boards and they were in the back of his pickup with his walker. Coming up that last climb he lost some of the running board brackets and he said to just throw them in the parts bin. Great attitude! The second one was driving her boyfriends Black Toyota pickup. He was sitting next to her and she basically floored up through the boulders. She hit one boulder head on and the tools in the back went flying. The last one was another lady driving a Wrangler. She basically floored it up also but didn't hit the boulders like the first woman.

Good food, great times, and wonderful weather. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I will probably post videos tomorrow.











































































































Thanks again for stopping by.
exercise equipment

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Great Photos!!!!!!!
 
eMVQdo The best blog you have!
 
1jN453 Good job!
 
actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.
 
Nice Article.
 
Nice Article.
 
Wonderful blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   August 2008   June 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?