Just a camping guy

Sunday, July 22, 2007

 

Moore Creek Campground 07/22/07

Well I started off trying to find the trail where Reno 4x4 is going to run this weekend. Well until I start finding out more about the trails I am going to have to meet them when and where they start the run. Bear River Res looks pretty nice though. I ended up coming down to Salt Springs again.

I had Bastard brats for dinner last night and they were pretty tasty. I went walking around this morning and saw some interesting signs. A redneck who thinks straight is spelled like George Strait's last name. Note the use of duct tape to hold up the sign. It also looks like Snoop Dogs posse is up here. Maybe they will be filming a girl's gone wild video.

The people before me left a mess and as I was cleaning it up I saw this list. Most of the same items are on my list except the dog food and cigs. I am going to guess that the area code is either 209 or 925. I will be sending these pictures to the Ranger office and maybe these folks will get a ticket for littering.

I made one of those skillet things on Friday morning and kicked it up a notch or two with my namesake sauce.

I did a lot of hiking and met numerous people. Hopefully I will remember all of their names. Larry and his group pretty much took up all of White Azalea campground. Someone left a sofa there. I didn't get a picture of it. I met a couple from Martinez who asked me about the different spots I go. I didn't get their names. I met a couple of boys and their dads and they wanted their picture on my blog. So here it is.

Early on Saturday morning a minivan pulled in to my campsite which was very secluded and they ended up going into a neighboring site. They must have passed me umpteen times while I was out hiking and said they wanted their picture on the internet. There is more to this story.

I saw a grey fox but it was too quick for me to shoot a picture.

Later in the morning I went walking by a campsite and saw a truck that had Texas plates. I started talking to Will and found out he had just moved back from Arlington.

Later in the day I saw this burb pull up and start looking through a tent and the food. I asked him what he was doing because I hadn't seen him with the group earlier. He explained that he was meeting the group there and thanked me for looking out for their stuff. His name was Oscar.

I stuffed myself with chicken fajitas later and decided to take a hike. When I almost got to the place where everyone was using it as a swimming hole the minivan came by. They wanted their picture on the internet so here it is. I hopped in for a ride back to camp and found out that they knew Oscar and Will and their group. When we came driving by they said they were looking for me because they wanted to show me some thanks by feeding me.

My belly was stuffed but they are from El Salvador and their dish is like a stuffed taco. I can't remember the name of it right now but it was tasty.

We started playing 21 with a twist. Keeping score. I am still trying to figure that one out.

Another great weekend even though I didn't meet up with my original group. I hope you enjoy the pictures.


















































































Thanks again for stopping by.


exercise equipment

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Hey Dave,
Great Pictures of Good'ol Salt Springs.Sorry We took up the whole camp site.I hardly knew the others at the last two camp sites.Well I really enjoyed your blog.Take it eazy.Maybe I'll see ya again next year.
Larry
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   August 2008   June 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?