Just a camping guy

Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

Salt Springs 06/03/07

Well the start of another great weekend. I am up at Salt Springs again. This time I brought my screen room so I can get away from the skeeters. I also figured out why I think that it is hard for my truck to shift and bogs down on the hills. There is some type of vacuum rod that I think controls both the TBI and transmission. The end of it split and now the rod won't stay on. I am sure they don't make those parts anymore so I may have to get my dad to Billyize it.

It is nice and quiet so far this weekend. I have only seen a few people in some of the other campgrounds. I can actually hear the birds and things. I may go hike up this one trail later. I saw it last weekend.

The weather has been fantastic. A slight breeze along with the sunshine. I went fishing earlier. One of these days I will catch something. There are some very big butterflies up here. I am still trying to get some pictures of them.

His license plate says it all about him. LZY BUM (the picture didn't come out.)Heck he can watch tv at home and save all that gas money. Another guy is running a generator so he can watch his dvd's and pop his popcorn in the microwave I am sure. I think it is time for me to find more remote spots during the spring and summer months.

I did get one picture of a butterfly but it was much smaller than the other ones flying around. There are also some weird colored birds flying around that I have never seen before that I am trying to get some shots of in their grander.

Well the guy running his generator and popping his popcorn decided his spot wasn't good enough so he ripped down a section of fence and parked there. I am tired of people like him ruining it for people like me. I snapped a picture of his plate and will send it to the ranger station.

I decided to take a hike because the above guy pissed me off so much and he really didn't care. I went walking down the road to another campsite and this truck pulled up with 3 kids under 10 who popped out when the truck parked. The kids started asking questions about my cameras. The guy got out of the truck drunk as a skunk with a beer in his hand.

I just don't know what it is with some people. Both of the above people deserve a good ass kicking but it would be fruitless as they don't see any wrong in their actions.

Well sometime last night the popcorn guy pulled out of that spot. It is a great morning. A little chilly but it should warm up soon. I had bacon and eggs with some avocado. It was tasty. Those birds look like some variation of a robin. Hopefully I will get a shot of one of them today.

I am going to do some more hiking today and try my luck at fishing again. I went hiking up this one trail and saw a 30 something chevy up there. The trail doesn't really go anywhere but rises about 1000 feet above here. Maybe there is some mine that I missed or something. I didn't have any luck fishing. I saw a lot of snakes though. I may have to do some reading. I have never really fished from the bank before and I may need to learn some new techniques.

I met another 4 generation family camping this weekend. They said they have been coming up here for about 40 years or so. They explained why I saw 2 AAA tow trucks yesterday. One of their kids lost their brakes on their Nissan SUV and ran into the back of them and then proceeded to roll the thing on its side. Everyone is okay but someone is going to feel a dent in their wallet.

I made it home and had a great weekend. Where to next weekend? I hope you enjoy the pictures.



































































Thanks again for stopping by.


exercise equipment

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   August 2008   June 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?