Just a camping guy

Sunday, June 17, 2007

 

Beardsley wk 2 06/17/07

Well the start of another great weekend. I came back up to Beardsley to check it out some more this weekend. The drive over here was hot. When I pulled off to ice up and stuff at the 7-11 in Livermore there was a big wreck on the off ramp. I will have to look at the picture more when I get home to even see what kind of SUV it was. Yes, it knocked the front tire off.

I got the same spot I had last weekend but it looks like this place is already filling up. There is even a bit of wood here but it is basically kindling. I did find a couple of sources on the way up here and may check them out on my return trip.

The trucks have been rolling since about 5am. It isn't that there are many of them but they have to come down into the valley and then go back up so you hear them the whole way. I went out fishing earlier. I got some nibbles and even watched one trout chase my line but none in the pan. Maybe later today. I found a trail over by the dam that I am going to explore in a bit. It goes down by the afterbay.

The trail was great. It went down to a day use area and was a nice hike. I decided to take the road back up and it was basically straight uphill. I went out fishing a few more times. One of these times I will put something in the pan. I am going to try again early in the morning.

The night was great. Met a couple of guys from Modesto last night that were pretty cool and they were a motley crew. I went out fishing for awhile this morning. Still nothing in the pan though. I will keep trying. I should have brought my float tube.

The weather has been great. I think next weekend I will try to go higher. Met a group of families camping together and they wanted me to be their test bed for their citrus bloody marys. They were pretty good.

Made it back home and can hardly wait for next weekend. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

































































































Thanks again for stopping by.


exercise equipment

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   August 2008   June 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?