Just a camping guy

Sunday, May 20, 2007

 

Bowman Lake 05/20/07

I am going to try to do this again in the campground. I tried to go to Grouse Point but there was some deep drifts and a timber blocking the road. I headed over to Bowman Lake instead. My favorite spot was open. It is set off from the rest of the sites and the feeder creek is right next to it. It has the rushing water sound which is so relaxing and you can't hear what is going on in the other sites.

Right after my arrival the pump truck showed up to clean the outhouse. It was pretty bad. He said they only pumped them once a year. So I was the first one to use the outhouse this year. I know that sounds pretty disgusting but one person I know has a thing for campground outhouses.

For as little snow that we had this year the lake doesn't really seem that much lower than it did last year. I may throw a pole in later today to try my luck at fishing.

The peace and solitude are wonderful but sometimes I miss having someone to talk to about things. My friend didn't make it but I put a picture up next to the mascots so she could think she was here.

I haven't seen any wildflowers yet. Not sure if they have come and gone or have made it here yet. In some of the shots you can see some snow still on the mountains. I am still looking for that squirrel. For those that follow my blog it was the bold one from last year.

The water is still pretty cold so I don't think I will be swimming this weekend. It was hard enough just to wash the dishes.

The menu was pretty light last night some hot dried peas and some apricots. This morning was a grilled rib-eye. Dinner will be another rib-eye. I am thinking I may start making pots of stew or chili and just let it simmer on the campfire all weekend.

It seems like I am rambling on about things but it gives me a chance to type what is on my mind at the moment versus trying to remember it all on Sunday night.

I am starting to get out of the TMS too much stuff. After last weekend with stuff flying all over the place and taking so long to load and unload I decided it was time to clean up. I will bring the TMS when I go on group outings to a regular or semi-regular campground.

I also have been giving some thought about whether I should do mods on the burb or get something smaller and start from there. I will probably keep the burb and do some mods.

I went out walking around trying to find some wildflowers but saw lots of butterflies. There are a number of people here but they all seem to be hanging around their campsites. I met a great-grandfather, grandfather, and grandson earlier. He has lived in the Grass Valley area all of his life. He was telling me stories of how he use to deer hunt in these mountains when he was in his teens and about last year when he couldn't get here until July because of the snow. It was great hearing him relating his stories and about how the area has changed.

I am not sure where I will be headed next weekend for the long holiday weekend. I have been pondering about whether to go to a spot that I know or try a new one. I have been checking out the maps and my topo program to find something. Whatever I decide I will probably leave on Thursday night so I can get a spot before the crowds show up. I just hope my boss doesn't try to toss a lot on my plate Thursday afternoon.

Work has been going better. I may even get my own workspace in the next month or so. It is hard trying to share a 6x6 workspace with someone and being productive.

I tried to fish earlier but had no luck. I met a few folks down there though and we had a good time even if the fish weren't biting.

I gave some guy ten bucks for a tire pressure tool that is worth about one dollar. I thought I had one in the burb and didn't want the tough ride out. After airing down last weekend I have found that is the way to go.

While I was sitting around earlier looking through the Cabela's catalog I found a few things that will fit my current situation.

I do wish my writing skills were better though. I see so many things that are hard to relate in writing and let people know what I am seeing.

Time for this one to find the pillow. I will try to take some pictures on the way out of here.

Made it home fine and dandy. I may have to replace the spark plugs. It seems to be sluggish on the hills.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and thanks for stopping by.



































































































































The Creek


See you all next week




exercise equipment

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   August 2008   June 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?