Just a camping guy

Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Eldorado National Forest wk 2 11/11/06

As you can see I am posting on a Saturday night. I ran into some problems this weekend and had to cut it short. A good time was had even though it was shorter than usual. I will just have to tell the story and hopefully express my kudos to all that helped out.

We got a later than normal start because I stayed later at work to help take care of some pressing problems. I had replaced the plugs in my burb earlier in the week so I could more oomph up the hills. Got to the campsite with no problems and set-up for the night.

Got up in the morning and noticed something strange in the back of my burb. It appeared that the u-bolts were loose from a distance. Upon closer inspection they were very loose. I just had the rear end upgraded a few weeks ago and I guess they worked themselves loose.

I decided to head down the hill and fix that problem. Big Kudos to the girls at Warren and Sons Hardware for helping me out and listening to my stories. I had hoped to land a big brown this weekend and put a photo on their brag board. Well maybe they will post this on their brag board. I will stop by there later to get some parts for my winter stove.

On my way back up the hill the burb missed a few times and then died on the side of the highway. I then proceeded to lock the keys in the truck. By some stroke of luck I found a long piece of heavy insulated wire and was able to break into my burb.

Then Officer Ladd of the CHP pulled up. He pushed the burb up a few feet so I was off the highway more and gave me a ride up to Ham's Station to use the phone. I called up my dad to set up the rescue mission. I asked him if he would give me a ride to the forest road and I would hike the rest of the way back to camp. He said he would give me a ride back to my campsite and then Nelson and Bob piped in that they could give me a ride if it was okay.

Well Nelson and Bob who are a father son duo gave me a ride back to the campsite. They had just gotten a new GPS unit and I was relating my experiences with software and such. We stopped at a slash pile and picked up some logs and I was able to use my new axe and splitting wedge. We shared some stories and whiskey and I think I made some new friends.

Had a great fire on Friday night and grilled some porkchops. It started raining early on Saturday and there are two pictures of me in the rain. My sister Rici came Saturday afternoon. We stopped at Cook's Station and saw Officer Ladd again. Said everything was working out and thanking him again for helping me out.

Called triple A and waited at the burb. Right after Bart showed up this 4x4 Dodge pick-up is coming down the hill and loses control and rolls into a tree.We pulled the girl out the passenger door. She said she was fine but I know she will be sore in the morning. Those are the last two pictures.

Thanks again for stopping by.










Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   August 2008   June 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?