Just a camping guy

Sunday, June 18, 2006

 

Stoneyford 06/18/06

39 14.908 N 122 37.609 W Stoneyford was the place to be this weekend. My cousin Marie and her husband Nathan showed up with their dirt bikes and Quad. Their friend Mark showed up with his 3 sons. On Saturday another Mark came with Tom, and Kevin and their bikes.

The trails were too difficult for the kids so I took them out for a ride in my Suburban so they wouldnt have to sit around camp. I took them on a difficult trail that I had been on the last time I was there. I took the cut around on one hill because I didnt want to risk it with kids in my truck. Well that cut around shrunk down to dirt bike size and a Manazita tore up one of my tires. We got that changed and finished out the trail.

On Saturday they loaded up to drive over to another area so the kids could drive. Tom, Kevin, and Mark decided to ride the trail and meet them over at the other area. They came back after a number of hours and we were sitting around waiting for Tom, Kevin, and Mark. Just before it got dark Mark comes down the hill and said they had run out of water and the other two were stuck in a black diamond trail. It was pretty tense for a few hours as we set out in the Burb, the Quad, and Marks bike with no headlight. We finally got Tom and Kevin out but had to leave the bike down there. Mark left his bike up there also and rode back in the Burb with Kevin and Tom drove the motorcycle with the headlight.

After we got back to camp it was more like Darn that was fun. We were so tired and wore out because it was after 1am we just went to sleep.

On Sunday, we headed back up there to get the 2 bikes. That was pretty easy as it was daylight and we could see much better. On the way back Nathan got a flat in the Quad so it was a little tense again. After that was fixed and everyone was back in camp it was time to sit around and laugh about it.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the group and some action shots but I am sure we will do it agin some time.

Well on to the pictures that I did take.













































Thanks again for stopping by.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   August 2008   June 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?