Just a camping guy

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

Sunday, November 13, 2005

I am starting to feel like a glutton

I am starting to feel like a glutton because for the life of me I can't find anyone who wants to share this with me. This weekend I went to Usal Beach which is part of the Lost Coast. It was raining on my way up there but weather.com said it was suppose to be partly cloudy on Friday, sunny on Saturday, and partly cloudy on Sunday. They came through again.

Met some people this weekend but didn't think to ask them to snap some pictures of me. Trista and her bf and dog came in on Friday night and I shared my fire and stove with them. They tossed some logs on the fire and stoked up the fire on Saturday morning. I made a new friend in Bandit their dog as I shared a sausage with him.

Pat came by Saturday afternoon and we shot the breeze, drank a few beers, and showed each other some of the pictures we had taken. Later on that night he stopped back by and we had a few more beers and he threw some great rounds of wood in the fire. Thanks Pat!

I got a new digital camera this past week. Let me tell you it takes some great pictures. I still need to practice with it some and learn about it more but I am impressed. Sorry for the people still on dial-up that are looking at this but I just want to share some of the sights that I have seen.

Well now on to the pictures. When I was making my way to the campground I saw a deer in the forest but didn't have a chance to pull out my camera. When I was pulling up to my campsite I saw these elk and was just blown away. I pulled out the camera and took a couple of shots. They bedded down in this field for the day and actually let me get about 20 feet from them.















They were there most of the weekend. I then set up camp and of course there is the trusty tent picture with a shot of the outhouse so people know that there is one usually close by. Then the views I had from my tent.

















Then I saw a bunch of seagulls and started shooting pictures of them. Some of them turned out pretty good but I don't know how well they show up reduced in size.



















I tried to do a sunset picture. I need to get a filter but I was impressed with the result.









So that was my adventure for this weekend. Thanks for sharing it with me and your comments are always welcome.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   August 2008   June 2009  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?